Thursday, December 27, 2007

Belle and Sebastian - Are You Coming Over For Christmas?

Más canciones de Navidad. Esta vez le toca el turno a estos chicos Escoceses, Belle and Sebastian, sin duda alguna son otro de mis grupos favoritos, que nos siguen regalando canciones tan bonitas como esta " Are You Coming Over For Christmas?"

Y nueva grabación desde que la banda grabara su álbum " The Life Pursuit", esta vez la ocasión ha sido para grabar una canción especial para estas navidades y que mejor manera para felicitarnos!

El tema se puede escuchar en su myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/thebandbelleandsebastian

Letra:

Are you coming over for Christmas?

Are you coming over for Christmas?
Leave your friends, I don’t think
they’ll miss you muchIt’s not that you aren’t pretty or funny
It’s just that they’ve got plenty more money than you

I’m going to paint the town on my days off
Cold slate roofs that glisten in starlight
Me and you, singing a carolOn the tough side of town
For the poor folk in the old mission house

If it feels like we are floating in time
Give yourself up to the desert and the night
Eastern caravans are following lightsStrangeness reigns
There’s Love in Heaven tonight

I’ll be over sometime this christmas
If you behave yourself and don’t drink too much
I’ll come and feed the fire in your kitchen
See your tree and the view of the city all covered in snow

Leave the boy behind you won’t miss him
Take a break from your phony kissing
There’s no mistletoe in my kitchen
Just a tree, and a view, of the city, covered in snow

If it feels like we are floating in air
Then the hour has passed it must be Christmas day
People shake your hand and wish you the best
Troubles leave, you wonder why you were sad
I’m glad you came, it must be Christmas day


Mensaje de Stuart:

"I hope your Christmas is working out for you. I hope your dust is staring to settle and that you have time to enjoy the people around you. I hope that in the next week or so you have time to think back on the year. I hope the good stuff gives you goosebumps, and the bad stuff gives you wisdom and perspective.

If you’re in the north, enjoy the thought that it’s already getting lighter, a minute or so by the day. If you’re in the south then I’m jealous of you. Go out and feel the heat on your back and think of us!"

No comments: